MissionThe American Immigration Lawyers Association is the national association of immigration lawyers established to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members.
1. Increase member participation in advocacy before Congress, the Judiciary, the Federal Agencies, and the media, for immigration-related interests of our clients and society.
- Educate the public about the ways in which U.S. immigration law and policy serves the national interest by reuniting American families, protecting refugees, & providing U.S. employers with the specialized skills they need to remain globally competitive.
- Enhance respect for immigration law, and professional recognition of immigration lawyers, by government, the bar, and society.
- Support AIC’s Legal Action Center and educational programming.
2. Increase the level of knowledge and professionalism, and foster the professional responsibility, of our members.
- Enhance the litigation capabilities of the membership as an important option to ensure the just administration of our immigration laws.
- Assist members in effectively and competently pursuing their law practice and enhancing their professional satisfaction.
- Advance the protection of the public by promoting consumer protection and authorized representation.
- Promote and support delivery of competent, ethical, and lawful immigration services by lawyers, authorized accredited representatives, and pro bono programs.
- Encourage and facilitate member participation in, and support for, pro bono services and programs.